Monday, December 8, 2008

Just Because.

So before this class, I was never much into writing poems, but I have given poetry a shot, let me know what you think of my poems please.

The way you make me feel.

A kiss goodnight,
Then I drift off to sleep.
In the morning I awake,
Open my eyes and
There you are,
Smiling back at me.
Feeling this way-
This is my absolute perfection.

Everyday should start,
just like this one.
You lean over and
Kiss me good morning,
Pull me close and
hold me tight.
Being this way-
This is my fairy tale.

I lay next to you,
felling secure and safe.
Here I am in your arms and
Still you pull me closer,
Whisper in my eye
Then back asleep we fall
Living this way-
This is my dream come true.


New Love.

I know this is wrong,
That's what makes in feel right,
The thrill of it all.
A new romance,
Blossoming under the stars
You look at me,
My heart begins to race.
You hold me close,
My body begins to shake.
You kiss me,
My whole body goes numb.
I wonder to myself,
How something could be,
This perfect.

3 comments:

JoAnne said...

I know what you mean about this class making you write things you normally wouldn't. I never thought of myself as a big poetry fan just because I never seem to "get it." I really enjoyed this one. Its simple, forward, and to the point. It reminds me of what it feels like when you're first really into someone. Well done.

Ashmeena Teakram said...

"the way u make me feel" i think is a poem of how every girl wants her reationship or love to be like but most often it isnt so perfect yet i love how u made this poem so perfect that u can actually feel like your loved one is there with u ....great job!!!


All in all they were both very good n i guess u have found a new talent by taking this class....good luck!

nadia said...

I think that writing poetry is your specialty. You really put forth your views on a perfect relationship even though this information was not straightforward. The one line that i think is a little bit off is "whisper in my eye". I think you meant to write whisper in my ear but if i am wrong i am sorry. Overall i really liked reading this as i can closely relate to the thrill of romance-when something feels wrong but it makes you feel so right.