Monday, September 22, 2008

Another Piece that I wrote a While ago.

This is another music related piece. At one point i was going to compose this whole rock/metal story with a few very talented musicians i knew. I wrote a bunch of lyrics to try to tell a story but they didn't really work well as songs, its easy to write lyrics to music but not vice versa and i had written these lyrics before we had written one note but i think they are kind of cool as poetry. A strange version of poetry anyway. Anyway here it is.

Attributes and Sins 1: Greed, Lust and Moral Dementia


What is this? The wretched Child of my youth
Put up against vicious talk. Silent. Untrue.
Julius, past his prime into unknown spaces
Bloody, cut from life. Awaiting fathers retribution

Untold of the experiences past
No food in this expected fast
Three rules is how we last
Upon his body we shall cast

The ashes, gray and white
Hold memories of all others. Quite
Interesting to know, I can’t remember,
but these wounds never forget!

The day I was hit, I was visited by
An apparition of gargantuan proportions
Known to all as “Agnor” Feared for his eye
Of evil it can show
And evil it can lay seed
I know that I can fight it but
Is that what I really need?

The lashes, I Bite
My tongue, my burden, Light
Shining through. I can’t remember,
But my wounds never forget

The greed, lust, and moral dementia.
Sweating Through my second skin.
Blown to bits, I start to mend
My attributes and sins.


Attributes and Sins 2: So You’re….I’m….


Greeted in the hall as my father
Comes slowly out of the Shadows
He scolds me, asking about my Indiscretions
Among them greed, lust and moral dementia
As I am pulled into the story of my past
I remember people and places and things
Required thoughts of childhood and love
But certain memories I cannot ignore
Violent, dreams of warring among, more
Then one or two people. Whole Families slaughtered
For their thoughts

They only have 2 Choices
Jump or be caught
True you will die but it shall be taught
That your legend will live on as the cowardly of all
I am your commander witness your fall

Quick, let us tell you, how we need to enslave you
Put you in chains and whip your backs into shape
Push you to the breaking line, Dark and Light the forces intertwine
As my face transforms, so does my life
Two clans, each with their own talents
Unopposed to everyone but each other
The Gatekeepers and The Shadows
Walk don’t run, or I will have you shot
Once you join our club, you’re in deeper then you thought


Aphrodisia

I know my cons outnumber
My pros, but the ghosts try to get under
My skin, keep me from seeing the visions
Of you, bends me towards these decisions

With you I can sleep and dream
Of times and places that I have been
Of Abby and Sarah, My loves I have lost
I will search for them
Until my body is dust

I was visited in my home by
Rufus, God of the unknown thoughts, why
Do you come here I ask of him, try
To listen I will say this only once

“Your loves are trapped in the house of sins,
For so long you have searched and there have they been
Oh Abby and Sarah awful is the cost
Give up your soul, do this you must”

I wish I could tell you, but the master of dreams
Is controlling the part of that may only seem
Superficial and mean
But underneath I am bare
Consumed by your heart and lost in your hair
Put into effect, this transference of lives
I have no choice, without this you die


The Plot Thickens

(Julius)
“What did I do to deserve
This weight that has been placed upon my shoulders?”
To decide which of my children should die
Makes my heart black and turn colder

(Agnor)
This mission has been given
To test your commitment
Death threats and torture
This only will set it
Into motion I will see the
Fortunate sons with no choices to make,
My children or a city,
Evil of this size Light cannot break

(Beth)

How can you consider this?
Your children, your daughters
Just following your orders
Give me a break Julius
I know that there are other options

(Julius)

Beth, what can I do?
Death, it seems to fall upon you
Breath, of life I cannot give
Seth, the only way they can live

Old Friends

Hidden in the darkness, I follow my prey
Through allies and streets, how should I do it, let me count the ways
By gunshot or knife or let him swing from a tree
His last words cut off, the reaper I shall be

The hunt will end soon; I have decided how to do it
I have decided on gunshot, can’t wait to execute it
I catch him whilst walking; his teeth shine of the moon
One less Gatekeeper, One step back from doom

Footsteps heard, a knock at my door
Fear of the dark in me no more
I grip my gun so that I am ready
Tears in my eyes and my hand grows heavy

My ties that bind, flushed with sights
My brothers’ allegiance comes back to the light

Separating dreams from what’s real
The note from above with my fathers seal
Kicking and screaming, separated by guilt
Weaving through the threads of my families quilt

Tension melts as we reminisce
I tell my brother my strengths are his
To use in this fight, to battle with
The key to it all lies with Rufus.

Lost in this World, Found in the Next.

I turn my heart away from all worldly matters
My soul in solitude, completely within the frame
Saved from any transgressions between man and man
Spared all temptation and distraction, without a name

A crown for a king empowered by love
A clean white cloth tied around her throat
The willows continue to wither. Leaf after leaf is shed into the web
My time as a scribe spelled out the name my angel brought

Good fortune is not forever
Goodbye for the last time
Our hearts consumed by fire
The closure is now mine

They sing your song at the window of your mourning
Time has colored you gray and white
Flocks of doves on the roof of our home
Your time has come with the turning of the tide

In the flood, sadness is quite true
As I now know
The fabric is woven into a burial shroud
I have heard this melody before, but never so loud

Never again shall I see you
Only in a picture frame
Ancient sand placed beneath your head
Brimming with pride for the life you led

The Storm

Waiting For the sun to set
Dead man on my Bayonet
This choice I shall not regret
I am lightning in this storm

First men out meet their death
The sea sucking out their dying breath
Wives got on their wedding dress
This isn't how it's supposed to be

Fire!!
Dearly Beloved
We gave our lives
Fire!!
t-minus 10
Bloody cries
Medic!!
Scramble out
Patch me up
Medic!!
Rush of heat
I’ve had enough

Moving forward as we speak
Last thing in our books, retreat
Full of holes I start to leak
Oh my god!! Is this how it ends

Scared down to the bone
Never thought I’d die alone
Cry out loud for my home
No body can save me now

Green and red fill the blue sea
Shells sink to the floor
Quiet, deafening silence can be
No more, please no MORE!!!


My Mind Revisited

For all time I have seen men come and go
Falling away from war and hunger
My plan to put forth this brilliant scheme
My right hand for arms my left is for thunder

The taking of the spawn has turned out to be
My becoming as a ruler of all that I see
Deceiving Julius with this impossible choice
I have made the whole world hear my voice

It will surely bring them down
What awaits them in my world
I watch from the Shadows
As my plan unfurls

Dark shall consume Light as my brother has seen
With Julius broken I will take Beth as my queen
Agnor shall be banished to the depths of hell
For his attempting to help Julius do well

I see my opposition as threefold
The brothers, the Gatekeepers and the last shall be told
To lay aside his arms and hide himself away
Or else Quintus, My brother, shall die today



Attributes and Sins 3: The Dead King

I have severed my ties to this Dark family tree
Seeing now my true path
Trekking through the world as an outcast

The Light shone through my grandfathers grave as I now
Ascend away from the dead king
Julius my nephew, my help I bring

I gave up my soul to my evil little brother
As I dried the tears from the cheeks of my mother
Finally coming out from underneath the frame
To ask for forgiveness and reclaim my name

The Frame

There are places where all ends are beginnings
Trying to rearrange times present and past
But to all things great there are faults
This being time moving too fast

My baby girls
Big brown eyes and candy curls
With your mothers face
The mark I can’t erase

To have to think that you will only exist in the frame
Is too much for my heart to take
Filled with rage and murderous intent
Epic decisions I have to make

We shall rescue your loves
Brother, worry not
Ready your arms and hone your aim
Fore the shadows shall fall by the sound of our gunshots

Fear is no longer an option for Seth
He has nothing more to lose, this maybe his last stand
Rufus the bastard shall be taken down
By the will of my heart and the gun in my hand
My stepbrother is risking life and limb
For him it is too late to worry about family
His seed and his love taken by the shadows
James, Diana, and his life, Jamie
Pulled into the Dark world against their will
Forced to drink from the cup
Of ungodly elixir, crimson in color
Now we venture to the dark world, his fucking time is up

Autumn Is My Favorite Season

This nightmarish world I have been born out of
Makes me want to turn to the frame
As I watch
Stolid
Stone
Silent

Eyeing my end as a brilliant look into my future
Will it hurt? I hope not
I dream
To become
To exist
To be

But what of the frame, no has a clue
Only assumptions told to us by our forefathers
Believing that Dark and Light are true
I see the door in the distance, as I gather

Bits and pieces
Of love and sorrow
Can’t reach me today
Just try to tomorrow

Did you ever even care enough, brother too
Push me away from this final decision?
Lack of feeling
Numb
Frozen
Dead

Now I am alone in my room pondering my end
Tears falling down my face
A revelation
Revenge
Power
Control

I will remove myself from your all holy being
Get off your fucking high horse
And I will relish in your demise
You will be alone
To all it will be known
I will take the throne!

The Isle of Dreams

How real things may seem
When we walk around in our dreams
Stretching from the comical
To the vulgar and obscene

But once we pass into that other realm
We may venture into our own personal hell
Where loved ones are taken
Trapped in a damp, Dark cell

No comments: