Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tentative Presentation Schedule

I wanted to pin down a schedule for presenting the texts on the syllabus, and about half of you have told me your preferences, so for the rest of you I'm just going to slot you in. If this doesn't work for you, let me know.

M. Sept 8: Kurt Vonnegut Jr./ Justine on Franz Kafka
W. Sept 10: Arlene on Denis Johnson / Joanne on Eileen Myles
M. Sept 15: Nicholson Baker / Jody Ann on Lori Moore
W. Sept 17: WORKSHOP (Jacob and Ashmeena and Patricia)
M. Sept 22: Roland Barthes / Jacob on Jorge Luis Borges
W. Sept 24: WORKSHOP
M. Oct 6: Anne Carson / Maria on Lydia Davis / Dewa on Joe Brainard
T. Oct 14: Lisa Robertson / Charles Bernstein / Angie on Jack Spicer
W. Oct 15: WORKSHOP
M. Oct 20: WORKSHOP
W. Oct 22: B. K. Stefans / Patricia on J.R. Carpenter (who will also visit)
M. Oct 27: Ammiel Alcalay / Mahmoud Darwish / Antonia on kari edwards / Anthony on Kent Johnson
W. Oct 29: WORKSHOP
M. Nov 3: Hallie on Kimiko Hahn / Roger Sedarat
W. Nov 5: WORKSHOP
M. Nov 10: Georges Perec / Nadia on Christian Bök / Ashmeena on Kenneth Goldsmith
W. Nov. 12: WORKSHOP
M. Nov 17: Bertolt Brecht / William on Antonin Artaud
W. Nov 19: WORKSHOP
M. Nov 24: Miranda July / Spalding Gray / Shane on Catherine Kidd
W. Nov 26: WORKSHOP
M. Dec 1: Anna Deveare Smith / Tyrike on Ntozake Shange
W. Dec 3: WORKSHOP
M. Dec 8: WORKSHOP
W. Dec 10: WORKSHOP
M. Dec 15: WORKSHOP

2 comments:

Ashmeena Teakram said...

Without You
I lie here thinking of you,
Wishing I was there with you,
With memories flashing before my eyes.
Your tender, gentle touch,
Is what my body craves so much.
Your smile and style, so simple and sweet,
As if on a stormy day, the sun came out to play.
Visions of you, so hard to stray.
Makes me feel like my mind can't stay.
My memories of you are so vivid,
I know in my heart, that i want to live in it.
This dream of mine i do hope come thru.
For you are the one i know its true.

Ashmeena Divya Teakram

Ashmeena Teakram said...

I Need You
I need you,
Just as a poet needs inspiration to write a masterpiece.
I need you,
Just as an artist needs a subject for his work of art.
I need you,
Just as a teacher needs a pupil to mold into greatness.
I need you,
Just as a composer needs a theme to create a timeless melody.
I need you,
Just as a song needs notes to form beautiful melodies.
I need you,
For without you, my life would be empty of all inspiration.
There would be no work of art to gaze at,
No person of greatness before me,
And there will be no timeless melody to listen to.
My life would be like a candle without a flame.
There would be no light in my life. I need you.

Ashmeena Divya Teakram