Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Homophone Translation

This is a translation of a German poem that I found online. I was originally going to use a Spanish poem, but since I know the language I kept translating the words with realizing it (Italian has similar words so I was doing the same thing). I needed a language that was not a romance language. I don't think my poem makes sense, but I'd love to know what everyone thinks!

[edit]

Here's the link to the original Professor!

[/edit]


***

Summer's Gang

Get us, my heart and such finds
In these leaving solstices
And divine Gates of Heaven
Show and hear shouting parting here
And sigh, we see here and under
Such how guests much inhabit

The bomb descends hollow land
That burn’s reach bedecked seen in stars
My I agree inside
Narcissism and the tale inside
The heathen such feel sooner and
Then sold all sides

The hurt swings such in the puff
That thrown in flew us seeing close-up
And match such in the water
The hobbling hate night enthralled
He’s got a full spite in here, shout!
Burn, who else tells and falters!

The luck hurts here failing us
Her torch is taut, and seems haunted by us
That stalking spites the jungle
Her spell hurts, that leeches right
It’s from a comet and seems hot
In hindsight, that’s repugnant

The underscene’s been in charge
Switch him and her, such here and there
In idle onyx’s peace
This sullen swine stops, stalks fast
Giving lavish new laughs
In seeing this bawling life

Their reason watched my guilt
Drown in jousting in hung and fault
And run the globe up
That, their so over fussy but
It means no meddling truly began
That means a chilling good night

1 comment:

Corey Frost said...

Hi Patricia

Excellent! I really like some of the juxtapositions you've come up with here. Sure, maybe it doesn't make sense, but there is fleeting sense in a few of the lines, just enough that the reader's brain is compelled to interpret them. How close it is, in sound, to the original poem? Can you post a link to the original?

Corey