Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Retailer Product Diversification

In New York, Barney called his good friend Mr. Fred Segal in Los Angeles. He wanted to discuss the new man about town Odin. Odin just moved to the east village and was creating a little stir. Mr. B. Goodman overheard the conversation while his head was pressed up against the wall decided to telephone his former paramour Mr. Ron Herman. Mr. Herman concluded that it was much to-do about nothing and that he had seen better American Rag. The real Scoop was that he saw Jeffrey the former golden boy at Mario’s trying to play the part of respectability while he was leaving Atruim with Riccardi. Mr. Goodman let out a squeal of delight
“If only I were a BlackBird on the wall”
“No no my dear you resemble more of the mighty Oak variety”
“Well you certainly insist on being cross”
“My apologies dear I am a bit beastly today after hearing of Mitchells departure.”
“The Mitchalls from Westport”
“Oh no you confuse them for the Richards of Greenwich”
“Well they certainly are one in the same now aren’t they? They always work paired up”
“It doesn’t matter they’re off to Louis Boston and they took Jake along” Mr. Herman spat
“I thought the harlots name was Maxfield
“What ever they call the bitch does not matter. What’s done is done. I’m off for a liquid lunch and it is time I bid you farewell.”
“Lunch? With whom?”
“Lisa Kline. I don’t care for her much she is a bit of a bore but when you’re out with Lisa Kline Men just flock and lets face it we all got to eat.”
“Well isn’t that just fabulous. I shall let you go then dear au revoir”
As Mr. B. Goodman hung up the receiver Mr. Neiman Marcus, Mr. Stanley Korshak, and Mr. Steven Alan stepped into his office.
The three Villians hardly ever step out of the Villians Vault. This must be of some very important. Even Barney quickly stopped and assumed the position for eavesdropping.
“How’s it going there Scout?” Mr. Korshak asked
“I Wish you use my name Mr. Korshak and I am well thank you and yourself?”
“Don’t take it out of Context now LuLu, the fellows and I came down here to see how our newest account is doing”
“I’m doing very well sir. I am on my way out to make a sales call.”
“Good. We need this Union to be a BBlessing. Everything must run smoothly”
“I understand that sir”
“Do you?”
“Yes sir”
“Now I know that when you first stared the three of us gave you a time on the… Active Ride Shop, but we just want you to be prepared for what may await you out there.” Mr. Alan encouraged
“Yes sir I understand. Like I said I’m on my way out to a call”
“Just make sure you always bring your own Saks. Fifth Avenue is no where to get caught unprepared. If you come back with something you’re not suppose to we will let you go.”
“This is a small order; Jack’s Surfboards need to get waxed.”
They were very pleased with this and made there way towards the door. Before leaving Mr. Marcus turned and said “Very well then but do change your attire we don’t want you meeting clients looking like a common working girl. Always remember, when you step out of The Closet you represent us.”

No comments: