Sunday, October 19, 2008

I remember redux

* I have a test at 8am tomorrow but I need to relax so I decided to write another "I remember".

I remember my first experience with alcohol. It was wine from communion when I was in the seventh grade. I didn't understand what the fuss was.

I remember my first crush. I was in the fourth grade and decided to tell him how I felt in the lunchroom. He laughed in my face. My mom ended up writing a note to the teacher yelling at him for upsetting me.

I remember my first experience playing video games. My brother has left Castlevania: Symphony of the Night paused. I ended up replaying the save level over and level. I'm listening a to a song from that game on my iPod right now.

I remember my first time driving. I was so excited I told the driver that I wanted to learn how to speed so I could be like my friends.

I remember my first day of high school. I thought the classroon was locked so I waited outside not realizing everyone was inside already.

I remember my first trip out of the country. I stepped out of the airport and saw a child selling candy (a very common occurance in underdeveloped countries). I realized that I was so far away from New York, in more ways than one.

2 comments:

nadia said...

I have to agree wtih you on the fact that this assignment really does relax a person from everyday life as they reflect back on their past experiences. I realized that all your memories had something to do with your "first". Its interesting how that really highlights the idea that we remember our "first" experiences rather than our second, third, and so on.

Corey Frost said...

I'm glad that you found this exercise therapeutic.